Skip to main content

Celebrating Love

This V-Day was a little different. My hubby had to go out of town for work (the kids and I are so happy he's back home!) so we celebrated with our traditional dinner before he left. P.F. Changs still tasted just as good even though it wasn't Valentine's Day. :)

By the time February 14th rolled around, it seemed like the holiday had already passed! But we still celebrated with heart shaped food, Harvey and I delivered his Valentines, and we hosted a little preschool Valentine Party.

A few of my friends have boys that are all the same age as Harvey. We decided to get together and do preschool with them one day a week. These boys are so fun and active.  It has been quite the challenge to keep them engaged for the whole hour. None of them really love to color at the table. ;)

We were actually scheduled for a field-trip this week, but I didn't call the Fire-station far enough in advance for a tour, so we decided to put that off and have a mini Valentine's Day party instead.

We made "This Much Cards" out of red and white paper, and ate a little snack of Milk with Ice Hearts, and Neopolitan Oreo Cookies... (the pink milk was a big hit).

We also played Red Heart, Green Heart.

I simply cut out one green heart, and one red heart and attached them to popsicle sticks. We played it similar to the game "Red Light, Green Light", but instead of running (and probably tackling) the boy in charge, I just had them wiggle, jump or dance when they saw the green heart. We kept reminding them that "Green means GO!", and "Red means STOP!" as they held up the hearts.

I also passed out little bags of candy hearts, and had the boys sort all of them by color. After sorting I had them identify which color they had the most of, then they could taste each one and tell everyone which color tasted the best.

Comments

  1. Thanks for letting me tag along for the preschool party! It was very fun! The craft was adorable. You made it look so easy. I hope to make one for my mom.
    Did you have chicken artichoke by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the cutest pictures of your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiff! I awarded you a special blog award and featured you on my blog today:) Head on over and check it out and grab a "I was featured on Hopes and Dreams" button if you want. Hope you can play along!

    Love,
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Much Card and a Kid Canvas

Father's Day ideas continued... I decided to show you the things Harvey and I made to give to Justin. First up... "I Love You This Much Card": It's super easy... 1. Trace your child's hand, then cut out two copies. My paper was double sided so I made sure that when the thumbs match up - the yellow side would be inside, and the blue side would be outside. 2. Cut out a strip of paper and fold it accordion style. Use letter rub-ons or stickers to add the words "I Love You" on the outside, and "This Much" on the strip of paper.  3. Glue the ends of your accordion strip on the insides of the hands and your card is done. :) Kid Canvas: Then Harvey and I made a little canvas (4 inches x 4 inches) to hang on the wall in Justin's office at work. I purchased small ones so we could add to them each year and hang them in one grouping. I prepainted the canvas in green, then set Harvey in the bathtub with blue paint and

Thinkin' About Dad

So.. Father's Day is in 10 days. Yeah - already. Here are a few ideas for you... Shirt Card: All you need are two papers, and two buttons. 1. Cut one paper into a piece 4 inches by 11 inches. Fold it in half so you have a card base that opens "up" and measures about 4 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall. 2. Measure one inch from the fold and draw a line 3/4 inches toward the center on both sides of your card.  Use scissors to cut through both papers at the marks. 3. Fold these pieces in to the center of the card, so the top corners meet in the middle. 4. Download this tie pattern... Here is an alternate link to download the file: Shirt Card Template ...and use it to trace and cut a tie out of your second paper. Glue your tie in the center of the card. 5. Add buttons to the collar to make it more realistic. (Or, if you want to do it digitally, go here to download an awesome template from ScrapMatters.com) Here are some clutter-free Father's Day gif

DIY Canvas Car Playmat

So, my baby turned two yesterday. And I just KonMaried my house and I am SO. OVER. the toys. And the kid clutter. Plus he has both a big brother and a big sister, and they have toys that cover all the basics. But we still have loads of birthdays and Christmases in our future, so what in the world am I going to give? Anyway, my internal brain rant ended when I came up with this idea. It meets all of my current criteria: It is durable.  It is open-ended and fosters imaginative play. It folds up small and can be stored with like-items in our toy storage system. It encourages cooperative play. My hubby had a mat like this one when he was a kid, so I asked my mother-in-law to give me some details on how to make our own. I bought 60 inches x 45 inches of duck canvas and ran a zigzag stitch down the raw edges. Then, (after planning out the city on graph paper measured and accurately scaled proportionately, then folding the canvas to help rescale my plan) I drew in the c