Saturday, February 23, 2008


I never wrote about our Valentine's Day date...

For the last 5 years we have gone to dinner at

We had been dating for five months, and although I wasn't ready to get married, a bunch of my friends kind of convinced me that Justin was going to propose. I wasn't mad per say... but I think I was disappointed and Justin could tell. This gave him an idea...

2005: (the best...)
Justin chose to set me up. We went to "The Wedding Date" movie, and P.F. Changs where I received a fortune cookie that read "Accept the next proposition you hear." He then drove me home and knowing I was fully expecting a proposal dropped me off with an excuse of having homework. I was supposed to run down to my room in disappointment, but instead stayed upstairs smelling my flowers and wasting time. All this while, Justin was sweating bullets around the corner from my house waiting for a phone call. My room had been decorated by my in-laws in pink, red, and white. There were streamers hanging from the ceiling, confetti all over the floor, and 50+ balloons everywhere. When I finally made it downstairs and saw a huge wrapped present in the center of the extravaganza, I called Jus. He came back and took pictures of me opening my gift:

After blindfolding me with the wrapped "gift" Jus drove me up to Mount Olympus, where we spent some of our first date and knelt down in the middle of the snowstorm and proposed. He even set up a video camera in the truck - if I can figure out how to put it on here, I'll add it later. I think by far that an engagement ring has to be the best Valentine's present ever...

We decided that because of the last year, P.F. Changs had to become a Valentine's tradition. We forgot to call early for reservations so we ended up with a 9:00 dinner date. While we were waiting (like 5 minutes) Justin met up with a former high school basketball teammate. It was a little awkward when they had already been there for about an hour and we got called to be seated.. We didn't ask them to join us - was that rude? ;)

Ha! This was only a year ago and I can't remember anything significant. But I'm pretty sure the lettuce wraps were good. As always.

We learned a valuable lesson: If your reservations are for 6:30 - you'd better be there before 6:45 or call so they know you are coming. We arrived at 6:50 and they forfeited our reservation, and added us to the regular waiting list! Luckily the waiting list hostess was feeling nice. She added us to the top of the list and we only had to wait about 10 minutes.

BTW, if any of you are headed to P.F. Changs for dinner get the following menu selections:
Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps - about $7

Mongolian Beef - about $15

Shrimp with Candied Walnuts - about $15

All three are AMAZING and absolutely worth the price.
After dinner we saw the movie "Fools Gold" - I'd give it 3 stars. Not the best I've seen, but a chick flick nonetheless. And Matthew McConaughey had his shirt off about 70 percent of the film.


  1. You ARE a blogging fool. And now, thanks to you, I have a hankering for some lettuce wraps.

    What a cute proposal! I want to watch that video right after the peeing your pants video.

  2. I just have to say that lettuce wraps and Mongolian beef are my favorites too! Such a fan of PF's!

  3. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I am going there in about 3 weeks with my sisters. Lettuce Wraps are a must, but I have to say, I love the roasted duck, too.

    By the way, I think we are going to have a video night tonight after our meeting.


I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails