Skip to main content

Princess & The Pea Party

Avery's birthday fell around the same time we were planning on blessing Max, and I decided it would be much easier for our family to come to one combined party. I debated on a theme - both girly and masculine - and finally decided on Princess and the Pea. As in, "our sweet pea." Justin didn't think all of the pink was very masculine, but oh well. I didn't do a whole lot of things that had to do with the theme, but I think it all went well together. Here's the invite:



I made these delicious strawberry lime cupcakes (recipe from Your Cup of Cake, which is seriously my favorite cookbook ever!) and added a green lemonhead for the "pea".


I made the centerpieces out of pink roses and a huge bag of frozen peas. It was so easy, and I thought it added just enough theme for a big munch/mingle kind of party.




We normally bless our babies on Fast Sundays, which would have been perfect, because it fell exactly on Avery's birthday. But Justin found out that a work trip to the Philippines was scheduled over that day. I didn't want to wait another month (because of the combining parties issue) so we did it a week early. 

There was such a sweet spirit during the blessing. Max was a little angel during the blessing, and smiled a big grin when Justin held him up to show him off after the blessing. Here are some of the things that he was blessed with:
"We are so happy that you have come into our family. Max, you have an anxious spirit that was very prepared for this time on earth, and you were anxious to come to earth to do Heavenly Father's work. We bless you with a healthy body, and a healthy mind that can understand things of the world, and things of the spirit. We bless you with the desire to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. It is such a choice gift and accountability. Seek out guidance from Heavenly Father through prayer, and be obedient to Heavenly Father's commandments. We bless that you'll be obedient to your parents. You have a great family support system. You were blessed to come to a family that loves you. Seek out guidance from your parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles." 
I feel so blessed to have Max in our family. He really has the sweetest spirit, and just holding him and looking into his big brown eyes gives me so much joy!



I made everyone come outside for two group shots... a nice one, and a silly one. I love the silly one so much, it's framed in our house! We have the best family.


And, of course, we couldn't forget our tradition of "tossing" the guest of honor... (except that we don't actually toss the babies)


We had a potluck brunch, and it was delicious! Thanks everyone for bringing something to share!


After eating, we sang to Avery and let her open a few gifts. She was a little overwhelmed with all of the attention, and didn't know where to look. We finally got her to blow the candles out (after lighting them like 5 times due to the wind) and she devoured her cupcake.



We played Pin the Party Hat on Avery..


Avery,

I love your sweet and sassy personality.

You are so obedient! I am so grateful for your thoughtfulness and helpful attitude. You are always willing to bring me a binki, and even help Harvey to follow directions too!

You are really easy to get along with. Harvey loves to play with his little sister, and we often hear your "Otay, Hav", when he tells you his latest imaginative scheme.

You are really smart and you catch on quick when learning something new. You can get dressed, put on your socks and shoes, pour a drink, do puzzles, pick out the right color hair clip, and draw some amazing bubbles all by yourself.

I love taking you on errands with me - because you help me find things at the grocery store, and you stay right by me and don't run off!

You are so sweet with baby Max. He loves your soft kisses and hugs.

You are tough. You love to wrestle and play rough with Daddy, and love to get thrown onto the couch.

We love you so much!

Comments

  1. Want to Best wallpaper for your mobile or desktop.then you wanna try fast and furious 9 wallpaper hd.This furious 9 hd wallpaper is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Much Card and a Kid Canvas

Father's Day ideas continued... I decided to show you the things Harvey and I made to give to Justin. First up... "I Love You This Much Card": It's super easy... 1. Trace your child's hand, then cut out two copies. My paper was double sided so I made sure that when the thumbs match up - the yellow side would be inside, and the blue side would be outside. 2. Cut out a strip of paper and fold it accordion style. Use letter rub-ons or stickers to add the words "I Love You" on the outside, and "This Much" on the strip of paper.  3. Glue the ends of your accordion strip on the insides of the hands and your card is done. :) Kid Canvas: Then Harvey and I made a little canvas (4 inches x 4 inches) to hang on the wall in Justin's office at work. I purchased small ones so we could add to them each year and hang them in one grouping. I prepainted the canvas in green, then set Harvey in the bathtub with blue paint and

Thinkin' About Dad

So.. Father's Day is in 10 days. Yeah - already. Here are a few ideas for you... Shirt Card: All you need are two papers, and two buttons. 1. Cut one paper into a piece 4 inches by 11 inches. Fold it in half so you have a card base that opens "up" and measures about 4 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall. 2. Measure one inch from the fold and draw a line 3/4 inches toward the center on both sides of your card.  Use scissors to cut through both papers at the marks. 3. Fold these pieces in to the center of the card, so the top corners meet in the middle. 4. Download this tie pattern... Here is an alternate link to download the file: Shirt Card Template ...and use it to trace and cut a tie out of your second paper. Glue your tie in the center of the card. 5. Add buttons to the collar to make it more realistic. (Or, if you want to do it digitally, go here to download an awesome template from ScrapMatters.com) Here are some clutter-free Father's Day gif

Our General Conference Center

I know, no one is thinking about General Conference right now. But tonight I'm showing my board to my mom's Relief Society group, and I wanted to have the printables available to them if they decided to complete this project. If any of you are interested... you have three and a half months to complete it. :) Two days before General Conference, I stumbled across this idea for engaging young children.... and I thought it was absolutely amazing. (And so are most of the ideas found on Jen Lund's blog - check it out!) One of the main reasons I love this idea, is that it doesn't just distract young children from being disruptive during Conference, but it engages them and encourages them to listen! I'm not gonna lie. It took time to put together, but I am positive that Harvey will enjoy working with this board. That will hopefully translate into Justin and I being able to listen, and that will make all of my hard work worth it in the end. Here's how i