Monday, March 19, 2012

Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes

When I was a kid, I hated asparagus. But I'm positive it's because I had only ever tasted canned asparagus. Bleh. After I got married, I found this recipe and I decided to give them another try and now it's one of my very favorite side dishes!



   1/2      bunch of asparagus stalks
   3-4      new (red) potatoes, sliced
   1         tablespoon olive oil
              salt, to taste

1. Preheat your oven broiler 450 degrees.

2. Cut off the woody ends of your asparagus, and then cut them into segments about 2-3 inches long. Slice the potatoes evenly, about 1/4 inch thick. Toss them all in a medium mixing bowl.

3. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, and sprinkle salt over the top. Stir to coat.

4. Place vegetables on a baking sheet in a single layer and broil for 7-10 minutes. Look for the potato skins to get a little bit wrinkly, and the vegetables to get little golden brown spots. Flip all of the vegetables and broil for another 7-10 minutes. (At least try to get all of the potato slices flipped. I sometimes just move the asparagus around a bit so they don't stick.) Serve immediately.

Serves 3-4.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight! thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for all the comments....I thought the first one didn't go through haha

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails