These are the best cookies I've tasted. Ever.
And I made them for a cookie exchange party I'm going to tomorrow. Yum.
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 twelve-ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf ball-sized dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or just until edges are light brown.