Skip to main content

Thinkin' About Dad

So.. Father's Day is in 10 days. Yeah - already. Here are a few ideas for you...

Shirt Card:

All you need are two papers, and two buttons.

1. Cut one paper into a piece 4 inches by 11 inches. Fold it in half so you have a card base that opens "up" and measures about 4 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall.



2. Measure one inch from the fold and draw a line 3/4 inches toward the center on both sides of your card.  Use scissors to cut through both papers at the marks.

3. Fold these pieces in to the center of the card, so the top corners meet in the middle.

4. Download this tie pattern...

Here is an alternate link to download the file: Shirt Card Template

...and use it to trace and cut a tie out of your second paper. Glue your tie in the center of the card.


5. Add buttons to the collar to make it more realistic.
(Or, if you want to do it digitally, go here to download an awesome template from ScrapMatters.com)

Here are some clutter-free Father's Day gift ideas from a most wonderful blog - Rookie Moms:

  1. Concert tickets. Use Pollstar.com to find what’s coming soon. Print a picture of the band and wrap it up.
  2. Hotel night to spend with you. Plan a reservation for a date when you’ll be comfortable leaving baby with grandparents overnight.
  3. Gym membership. He’s less likely than you are to take it as a hint.
  4. Class or a single session of learning something new. Tae Kwon Do or drums are a longer commitment. Rock climbing could be a one-shot deal.
  5. Arrange to fix something broken. His bike or that garage door lock. Tie a bow around it and reveal it at the right moment.
  6. A humorous plaque. Put his claim to fame on something around the house, such as “Rick Ross: Winner of Least Used Snowboard in 2009 Award” attached to his gear. Or “Rick’s Throne” affixed to the toilet.
  7. Entertainment. Use the iTunes store to buy a full season of a favorite cable show.
  8. Tickets for a sporting event. Basketball, hockey, local college soccer games, whatever makes him happy.
  9. Xbox LIVE Membership for the year provides more geeking out time.
  10. Premium subscriptions to a favorite website like ESPN, Financial Times, or upgrades for LinkedIn (for the laid-off) and Flickr (for the social photographer). 
Still stumped? Check out Amazon.com's Father's Day Gift compilation.

My hubby loves to fish, so I'll probably get him a gift certificate at Sportsman's Warehouse for a fishing license and some goodies to fill his tackle box.

What are you doing to make your man feel special this year??

Comments

  1. hey these are really good ideas! you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this adorable craft on Pinterest. My son and I just made them. They are so easy and cute. We both really enjoyed the process and final product. I will definitely be sharing your directions and original on my blog. Glad to have found you.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That makes me happy. Thanks for linking up on your blog!

      Delete
  3. I never thought i could be a crafty, yet alone enjoy it!!!!!!! My 1st homemade card for my hubby!!! Easy breezy!

    Thank You for sharing! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. I'm glad to have helped! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the super ideas! I'm now a follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing this on our blog! Great idea, awesome blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this! I have just made it for my dad for his birthday. Instead of using paper for the tie I used a piece of scrap fabric I had. Looks fantastic, I am so pleased as I find it really hard to find card ideas for men. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for this beautiful project for Father's Day.....wonderful blog,my fierts time visiting you...love it ! ...I'll make them for Father's Day Celebration at Church....Thanks ! God bless you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder.
    Shoes for women

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read your blog it's so beautiful Gift ideas you can find more ideas visit:Thanks for sharing gifts to Pakistan .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this blog It contain very useful information
    Happy Fathers Day Date In Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Interesting topic to read.Thanks For sharing it.
    Fruit Basket Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just More Few days left to celebrate father's day, The idea which you shared really good for kids to express how much they love on father. The idea you shared is perfect Father's Day Gift

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely make this beautiful artwork on woman day march.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Much Card and a Kid Canvas

Father's Day ideas continued... I decided to show you the things Harvey and I made to give to Justin. First up... "I Love You This Much Card": It's super easy... 1. Trace your child's hand, then cut out two copies. My paper was double sided so I made sure that when the thumbs match up - the yellow side would be inside, and the blue side would be outside. 2. Cut out a strip of paper and fold it accordion style. Use letter rub-ons or stickers to add the words "I Love You" on the outside, and "This Much" on the strip of paper.  3. Glue the ends of your accordion strip on the insides of the hands and your card is done. :) Kid Canvas: Then Harvey and I made a little canvas (4 inches x 4 inches) to hang on the wall in Justin's office at work. I purchased small ones so we could add to them each year and hang them in one grouping. I prepainted the canvas in green, then set Harvey in the bathtub with blue paint and

DIY Canvas Car Playmat

So, my baby turned two yesterday. And I just KonMaried my house and I am SO. OVER. the toys. And the kid clutter. Plus he has both a big brother and a big sister, and they have toys that cover all the basics. But we still have loads of birthdays and Christmases in our future, so what in the world am I going to give? Anyway, my internal brain rant ended when I came up with this idea. It meets all of my current criteria: It is durable.  It is open-ended and fosters imaginative play. It folds up small and can be stored with like-items in our toy storage system. It encourages cooperative play. My hubby had a mat like this one when he was a kid, so I asked my mother-in-law to give me some details on how to make our own. I bought 60 inches x 45 inches of duck canvas and ran a zigzag stitch down the raw edges. Then, (after planning out the city on graph paper measured and accurately scaled proportionately, then folding the canvas to help rescale my plan) I drew in the c