- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- food coloring (optional)
- dipping chocolate (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- fortunes, printed and cut (optional)
2. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and spread with the back of your spoon into 3-4 inch circles. Only do 2 or 3 at a time so you'll have time for Step 3. Bake at 300 degrees for 14 minutes. (I had to adjust for my oven, so I started at 10 minutes, and after 2 batches I lowered it to 9 minutes.)
3. Work quickly! Scrape off the cookie, turn it upside-down and lay your fortune inside. Fold the circle in half, then holding the cookie by the edges press down onto the edge of your mixing bowl. The cookie will mold around it. Set your cookie in a muffin tin to cool so it won't come un-molded.
(this is what you want your cookie to look like...)
(These are what you don't want your cookies to look like. It's the result of taking too long to fold and mold them... I was trying to take the photos and I messed a few up before I finally got smart and set up the shot beforehand to save time!)
4. Melt your chocolate and dip the edge of your cookies inside then add sprinkles.
Makes 12-18 cookies.
Do it!!! They're adorable and SUPER tasty!
Ideas for St. Patrick's Day fortunes:
- I'm so lucky to have you.
- You're gonna get lucky. (hehe)
- Lucky me - to have you in my life.
- I don't need luck, I have you.