Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Make a Pinata

I found instructions to make a pinata on Familyfun.com. We decided to do the same design as the website had. I just used pages out of a phone book instead of newspaper - it was super easy. Messy - yes, but easy.

We did three layers and let each one dry for about an hour in the sun and breeze. Then we used tissue paper to decorate it. I cut a hole in the top and punched holes for yarn to hang it. We think ours is cuter than the one on the website!


So.. in hindsight I would have put more than 3 layers of phone book on our pinata. It wouldn't hang because the yarn just ripped through once candy was inside so I had to hold it while the kids took turns. Yeah. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I didn't blindfold them for that reason. Each girl only got one turn, and by the last turn the pinata was broken.



But they didn't care - all the girls wanted was the candy. And all Harvey wanted was the tissue paper.


2 comments:

  1. I totally want to do this with my kids! I've been meaning to for a while, but haven't gotten to the store to buy glue and crepe paper. Maybe I'll have to do this next week.

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails