Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Guess Who: General Conference Edition


As part of my plan to help my children become familiar with the General Authorities and Auxiliary leaders, I created a version of Guess Who with their pictures.

I added the General Primary and General Young Women's Presidencies, mostly because I know that it is important to girls to have some girl options. But also because my children are or will be in their respective organizations (also including the General Young Men).

Harvey loves playing this game.. and without fail, always chooses to be the prophet. I love that he knows the Prophet, but maybe he will understand someday that this gives his opponent an advantage. ;) We ask questions about their hair, their ties, their glasses, or if they are smiling with their teeth or not. Then when we get down to a few, we start saying their names: "Is your person David A. Bednar?" I love hearing my kids say their names.


I have the new version of Guess Who which is very different from the one I remember growing up with, so I made my printable for that. (Scroll down for the old version.)

Anyway... hopefully this helps your family get to know our church leaders in the coming weeks until General Conference!


Here is the download for the old version of Guess Who. It is sized slightly larger, so for most of us who don't have edge to edge printers will be able to print it the right size. Make sure you click "shrink to fit" (or something similar) when you print! If you don't have that option, print at 94% and it should do the trick.


For more ideas on preparing for General Conference, click HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Ummmmm, I have the old one? ;0 If you can't get to it, don't worry! Just let me know so I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to make a printable, but I need the measurements of the pictures on your game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get it to print. It downloads & saves on my computer, but I can't get it to print from either the internet or my computer. I have the latest Adobe reader. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't the only one who has contacted me about difficulty printing. Are you getting an error message, or does your printer just print out a blank page?

      If you are getting an error ("this document cannot be printed") you can try 2 different things:
      1. Disable protected mode - Edit > Preferences > Security > Enhanced...
      2. Try to view the document in PDF A Mode - Edit > Preferences > Documents > View Documents in PDF/A Mode.

      Please let me know if either of these work for you, or if they don't. I want to figure out why people are having trouble. Sorry, and thanks!

      Delete
  4. LOVE This :) but for some odd reason some of the names dont show up when printing. hummm

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails