Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014: Focus

Last year, I wanted to pick one little word like I have done in the past, but nothing really stuck out. And to be honest, it was all I could do to just take one day at a time. I was in the beginning stages of pregnancy, and so very tired.

In my life right now, I feel pretty scattered. I want to do so many things; I have many lists, and each is a mile long. So, I thought about what one little word would help me to accomplish what I want, but without being too overwhelming (because I tend to over-complicate things), and the word Focus came to mind. The word Focus has a general feeling of checking boxes and getting things done, but it also has a very deliberate feeling as well. Someone focused, knows how they want to be spending their time, has picked the tasks they are checking off, stays on task while they finish each item. 



I need to Focus:

- on my kids. I want to spend one-on-one time with each one everyday.

- on documenting my life. I haven't made time to scrapbook, journal or blog in a very long time, and not only do I miss it, but I feel it is something important that I should be doing.
- on staying organized and clean. Our family deserves to live in an organized and clean environment, and when I stay focused on keeping up with it a little each day, our clutter stays manageable. It is when I get lazy or scattered that it gets out of hand.

- our finances. I plan to listen to Financial Peace University (on CD) by Dave Ramsey again and rekindle the fire to get out of debt once and for all. I want to focus on our budget so our money goes exactly where we tell it to go.

- on filling my spiritual tank. That includes morning and evening prayers, scripture study, and family home evening. I notice (over and over) when I am doing the little things to have the Spirit with me, it really does set the tone in our home. Also, as the Personal Progress Coordinator in my ward, I want to focus on completing the program not only to fill my spiritual tank, but to inspire and encourage the girls in my ward as well. 

- on learning how to improve my photography a little more. I'm going to try to post more often on Instagram, and I'm starting up an old project: five people twelve times, to help me learn more about the settings on my camera, and to get me out from behind the lens a little bit more. 

What about you? Do you pick a word for the year? 

1 comment:

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails