Saturday, September 28, 2013

Max: 1 Month

I found this tradition on Pinterest recently, and I decided to copy the idea to document Max's monthly milestones. The only problem? I didn't have a chalkboard wall. I tried to come up with a way to cheat - write everything on a small chalkboard, scan it in and merge the two photos in Photoshop - but I decided that was way too complicated. Instead, I decided to paint my own chalkboard wall in Max's nursery. (Yes, I am crazy.) So, in between naps we ventured to Home Depot to purchase a pretty green gallon of paint. (With all three kids, I thought the free popcorn would distract them, but someone squished the acrylic paint bottle I brought to match and got it all over the floor. Seriously embarrassing, but I survived.) When we finally got home, I mixed the paint with some Plaster of Paris I had leftover from Harvey's birthday party (following these instructions), and rolled it on the wall. After letting it cure, lightly sanding the whole wall, and "priming" it with chalk my wall was ready. It really does work, by the way... except you should probably choose a medium to dark color to begin with for the white chalk to show up really well. I had to really emphasize my strokes for it to show up in the photo.



I used my milestone templates. If you are interested, you can purchase them here!

Here is the official baby announcement...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the templates! I just ordered mine and can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails