Monday, August 27, 2012

Personal Progress Treats

Recently, I got switched from my calling as a teacher for the Young Women and put in over their Personal Progress. I am so excited about it, because I love the Personal Progress program. So many good things can come from setting great goals and trying to be more Christlike in our homes and with those around us. One of my jobs is to plan a monthly activity to help the girls pass some of these goals off (look for one coming up in September), but mostly to keep track of their progress and help them stay excited about completing their experiences.

In my online searching for ideas, I came across inkablinka. (If you haven't seen her blog, you should definitely check it out. It's full of great LDS ideas for home, family, and serving in our callings.) She has a personal progress treat jar where she places treats that correspond with the color of the value of the month. I loved the idea and made my own version...



I just bought colored ribbon for each value color, tied a bow around my glass jar and inserted color-coordinating candy. When the month is up, I just switch out the candy and the ribbon depending on the value that month. Each week during opening exercises the girls have a chance to share what they did that week to work on any personal progress goals. Hopefully the candy will entice them! 

1 comment:

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails