Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Barbeque

Let's go back in time a little and do a little recap of our annual 4th of July Party.

The end of June was a little crazy. We left the last week for California and after spending 10 fun-filled days in beautiful San Diego we drove back just in the nick of time to pull off our barbeque. As in, we pulled into our driveway at 11:30pm on the 3rd of July. (Lots more about the trip later..)

Luckily, Justin flew home that morning so he had time to mow the lawn, weed the garden and clean off the back patio. Because I didn't have a ton of time, I didn't make any new games for the party. (My plan is to make one game each year until I have a variety of things for everyone to do).

And you know what? I took like 5 pictures of the whole event.

I did manage to get a pic of the red velvet cupcakes I made to celebrate the summer birthdays in our family.

I was running a little late, and the cupcakes weren't decorated when everyone arrived, so after dinner I talked some of my cute nieces into helping me decorate them. I love the little star sprinkles.


We also set up the bean bag game I made last year. There are three different colors of bean bags (4 each), so you get 4 throws and add up your points. After everyone has had a turn, you can either decide a winner or go as many rounds as you'd like!

After I took the pictures the kids complained that we hung the tarp so the middle holes were being blocked by the post, so we had to move it, but you get the idea. :)

I love fireworks. And although I like having pictures of fireworks to enjoy after the fact, I decided to take three pictures and then set my camera down to just be there and enjoy it all for real. Not just from through the lens. It was great!

I know I'm way late, but I hope your holiday was fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails