Saturday, November 12, 2011

Football Onesie

We love college football in this house. The BYU Cougars are our team (although both my hubby and I graduated from their rival, the U). Justin's family has had season tickets for as long as he can remember, and it's a tradition for all of his brothers to gather at their parents' house to watch the away games. I like having a "team." Not that I keep track of the scores and players and such very well, but I like getting our family dolled up in fan-wear on game days.

Here is Harvey a couple of years ago in his football jersey, compliments of my cousin who worked at the BYU Bookstore:

Since then we have mostly just adorned t-shirts, but I wanted my baby girl to be in something cute and festive. I searched all over creation for a cheerleader outfit, but the smallest one I could find was sized for 12 months. Bummer.

I did find a tutorial to make one, (which I had almost followed but might come in handy in the future), but then I found this adorable football onesie on Pinterest. I decided to make a version of my own.

I followed her instructions to the T: brown onesie and felt from Hobby Lobby, hand sewn using a backstitch with an embroidery hoop for ease.

Pin It


I love it. And it was a big hit at the last football gathering. Although I think it might be missing a tutu. We'll see if I get around to it by the bowl game.

4 comments:

  1. That is just the cutest onesie! And she's a pretty cute baby too. :) Also, I know what you mean about not bring able to find university things for babies. We had the same problem at BYU and Vanderbilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute!!! You are such a fun and creative Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [13 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of Harvey and Avery's onesie is so dang cute! Good job Tiff!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails