Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's My Party and I'll...

...get FREE stuff if I want to! (I thought I posted this last week on my birthday, but apparently I'm losing my mind. Humor me and pretend it's last Wednesday.)

Did you know that you can sign up for a ton of free stuff on your birthday? My friend Rachael blogged about this a couple years ago, and so I followed her advice to sign up for several offers. Then this year, I decided to Google "free birthday stuff" and you would not believe how many companies give away coupons to help you celebrate!

For lunch today, I took Harvey to IHOP and enjoyed my FREE breakfast (seriously, I only paid for Harvey's kids meal!). Something about free just tastes better. :)

Then we went shopping with a couple of gift cards from friends and family (thanks!) and stopped off for a FREE cream slush at Sonic Burger. Have you tasted a cream slush? They are to die for. I promise.

Then we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden (my favorite), and I got the traditional song, with a free Dolcini (Limoncello Mousse with Vanilla Cookie Crust). It was super yummy. And I ate WAY too much for my poor squished stomach. But it was worth it.

Most of these coupons are good for the week or two around your birthday so you don't have to eat at 15 places in one day. Plus, the ones with an asterisk in front allow you to enter the birthdays of your whole family all under one account.

Stuff I signed up for:
  1. *Burger King: free kids meal (kids only)
  2. Cold Stone Creamery: Buy one creation, get one free
  3. *Culver's eClub: Free one scoop sundae (no purchase necessary)
  4. IHOP: Free Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity Breakfast (no purchase necessary)
  5. KMart Birthday Club: $5 birthday bucks, crown, certificate, & gift
  6. *Olan Mills Studio: Birthday Portraits (one 8x10, one 5x7, and four wallets)
  7. *Old Navy: (enter your e-mail where it says Sign Up & Save) for Coupons/Deals
  8. Olive Garden: sign up for their newsletter and get a free dessert
  9. Red Robin: Free Burger (you might have to join RedRoyalty in the future with participating locations)
  10. Sonic Cruise Club: your choice of a free regular cream slush, free medium tator tots, or a free medium drink (no purchase necessary)
  11. *Toys R Us Birthday Club: Phone call, card and gift from Geoffrey, a Party Planner, & an in-store celebration. (I think you might have to sign up every year for this one. I got stuff for Harvey's 1st, but nothing last year...)
Man. I know once you're an "adult", birthdays kind of get lame. But seriously, I feel so pampered! Justin woke me up with a birthday surprise.. a white cake stand that I've had my eye on for about a year! And my mom brought over the most delicious bundt cake to break it in...

(I had a little help blowing out all that fire!)

(Have any of you tried a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes? It was delicious!)

Plus I got a gift certificate for a pedicure to enjoy in the near future. Should I do it pre-baby... or wait? 13 more days to go! (Umm.. actually 7 days now! Woot!)

9 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday! So many free goodies - woot woot! That cake stand is lovely, by the way. And as to the pedicure, I'd do it before the baby is born. Life turns into a bit of a nut house after Baby #2 arrives. This is the perfect time to enjoy a little pampering: when you're not worried about the new baby and big brother back at home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally would go get the pedicure in the next week and here is why...it's near impossible at this point to paint your own toe nails. Also when you go in to deliver it's always nice having cute toes. Let's face it delivering a baby isn't the "cutest" thing...so at least have some cute toes up in the stir ups :) That is just my opinion. Plus al the nurses will oooo and ahhh over your cute toes.

    Happy Birthday! Good luck with baby as well. We are going to have to get together after we get our little girl's here!!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! That's so cool that you can get so much free stuff! My bday's next month. I need to keep this in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well happy late birthday dearheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday sweet Tiff! I'm so happy that your baby will be here soon - now that's a great late birthday gift!!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday tiff! sounds like it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to remember all these freebies in June. I agree it taste better free.
    I love love Nothing Bundt Cakes! We went through an expensive and weight gaining experience with that place a couple years ago. I'm glad you reminded me of how yummy it is. It looks great on the stand. Good job Justin for listening.
    Thanks for the post. I will have to remember it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, how fun!! :)

    i've got a birthday coming up in october - thanks for the skinny on all the FREE stuff i can score just for being born!!

    glad you had such a great day -

    i popped over so i could add your daily docket outline to my pinterest 'printables' collection. (i'm collecting ideas to create my own personal home management check list of sorts and yours is a favorite that i've come across so far!)

    Thanks for the inspiration - your blog looks fun - good luck with your upcoming birth!!

    Cheers!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for cake stands!! And that cake looks amazing. I've never tried them before.
    I agree with Megan about the pedi...you might not have time to get them done for like 6 weeks after.

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails