Sunday, August 7, 2011

Outdoor Painting

Lately, I've been struggling a little with cheap things to keep my little guy busy. Especially since I'm super lazy pregnant and mostly just want to stick around our home. We go outside and his attention span bounces him from activity to activity... but this one actually kept him occupied for a good 45 minutes. Hooray!

We painted the patio.



And all that was required was a plastic bucket with water... and a paint brush. I think the fact that it was a real paint brush might have kept his interest longer.


He painted trains, trees, dinosaurs and the like all over our patio, and by the time he got to the other end... his first pictures had evaporated - leaving a clean canvas for more artwork. Then he saw our patio posts really needed a new paint job, so he painted them as well as his slide, his car, and his shoes. I didn't mind one bit. :)

Have you tried this??

After he was done I offered to get him a popsicle and when I came back outside, I saw this... and it made me smile. His dad likes to sit out on the patio just like this and admire his hard work in the yard.


4 comments:

  1. HaHaHa! Oh yes. We do this with nursery when they get bored with toys and such. Just a few spongey paint brushes and cups of water...They're completely happy about it. :) I actually got the idea from my mom when we were finishing our basement like 15 years ago. My sister and I were big enough to help paint the walls, but my brother wasn't. He got to paint the cement floor with water instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I'm going to try the "REAL" paintbrush thing with Brynn and Charles!
    Harvey is such a little cutie ! I'm so excited for your new baby! Hang in there girl! I think about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I hope you don't mind, but I shared it with the ladies at the park Wednesday. A lot of the little ones were splashing in puddles and having a blast. Kids and water (paint) :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails