Sunday, July 10, 2011

Refine, V.3


Whew! I can't believe how fast this year is moving;... it's halfway over! As I told you last month, I decided to focus on refining the "system" I had for our finances. Well, if you could call it a system. Anyway, I'm happy to say I have set up a Cash Flow Plan (because "budget" just sounds evil), a debt snowball, and we are well on our way to becoming completely debt free in just a couple of years (well, except for the house). I have to say it will be a sweet day when I never have to see another cent go out of our bank account for a student loan.

I'm not sure why I haven't done this before. Dave's Plan is really straightforward, and fairly simple to put into place. But then again, I have been given some major motivation because those cute girls I used to babysit on a regular basis are now much older, and my hours have been drastically cut. (By the way, if any of you are in need of a massage my hours are pretty open...)

Regardless, this whole process of refining our finances has been really good for me. I've also stumbled on quite a bit of information that makes me REALLY want to be debt free. Like even having our home paid off. The direction our economy is headed just makes me a little nervous. Whether our country is headed for an economic depression or whether we are headed toward more fruitful times, I will feel much more secure with my family knowing that we are prepared for it all. Which brings me to July...

This month I have decided to finish up a project I started earlier this year: Emergency Preparedness. I spent lots of time on our 72 hour kits in March, but I want to completely refine our Emergency Plan. I want to make sure that not only will my family have things they need... but know what they need to do, and where to go during an emergency. Fun stuff!

2 comments:

  1. good for you!

    debt free is the way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jul. 11, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails