Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Why I'm a Binging Blogger...

For real. I blog everyday for 2 weeks, then I don't write a single thing for another two weeks. Good thing my blog doesn't have feelings, or I'd be in trouble. And hopefully all of you forgive me.

But... I do have a good excuse. I was making this little appliqued t-shirt (and dealing with the side effects of all the craft implies):

We decided to use this shirt to spill the beans to our families. And it seemed like FOREVER before there was a party where all of us would be together.

First, we headed to a Sunday dinner with my side of the family. It is a pretty small group, so once we were all sitting around the table, we took off Harvey's jacket to show them the shirt. It was pretty fun to see the reactions...

After dinner, we headed to a party with Justin's side of the family. We were one of the first families there and we thought about driving around a bit so we would be the last to arrive, but decided it would be fun to see how long it took each family to notice Harvey's shirt. We headed in, took off his jacket and waited... and waited... for 2 and a half hours. It was hilarious. Harvey even ran to his Grandma with arms wide open to give her a hug. But no one noticed the message.

In retrospect, I think the fabric design I picked out was a little hard to read. I'm sure everyone would have noticed much sooner if had just cut the letters out in plain ol' white.

Finally, toward the end of the night, Justin asked his mom if she had seen Harvey's shirt.

"No. What does it say?"
"Just look at Harvey's shirt..."

After she figured it out, she came into the kitchen and told everyone else to check it out. And that's how we told the family our good news.

We sure are excited about it around here...


And for all you friends from Primary that thought I couldn't keep a secret for more than 3 days... I'm 9 weeks along! (I even surprised myself that I made it that long.)

19 comments:

  1. Yay, I am sooo excited!! Congrats! And good job on keeping the secret. You did way better than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Congrats. That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I love Harvey's hair. He is such a stud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have read this post before the RS dinner tonight. I just thought Jo was trying to keep a secret from me, but I thought she was implying you are pregnant. I'm glad it's no secret.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Tiff!!! This is awesome. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! My mom told me this morning and I've checked your blog like five times wondering when you would spill :) very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAYAYAY!!!

    Would you believe me if I told you that I guessed you were pregnant a few weeks ago? Because I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Tiff! How exciting! How long have you known? I hope all goes well:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well congratulations. I was wondering when you were going to get the baby bug again especially since Harvey is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I am so excited for you! Harvey is going to make a great big brother ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO - I'm so happy for you! I was hoping this was why you hadn't blogged!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!!! Your such a cute mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Melissa. I was suspicious a couple of weeks ago. :-) But nine weeks of silence is a feat. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! Your blog finally knows the good news! Still laughing that it took 2 1/2 hours and the be told to look at his shirt! LOL!! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Tiff!! I'm so sorry I missed this!! Congrats! That's so fun that you're having a baby and that Harvey is going to be a big brother!! What a cute way to tell your family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS!!!! what great news!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails