Thursday, January 27, 2011

Celebrating Favorites

I got to help my friend, Kathie, with her little guy's third birthday party. He had requested a couple of things that didn't really match any one theme, so I came up with a "Favorites Party." We decided to showcase lots of things that Ammon loves.

First up.. the adorable cakes:
Kathie made the requested fire engine cake...

and I made cute little flame cupcakes to match:

I just searched for flame clip art on google, printed out 6 copies on one sheet of paper, and laid some parchment paper over the top. Then I melted the colored "meltaways" and put them in my frosting decorator tool with a small tip opening, and traced the clip art with each color.

Pretty easy, but I had to be super careful when pressing them onto the frosting. I broke a couple of the really good ones. Bummer. But I love how they turned out.

{source here}

At Ammon's party, the guests did a little activity pertaining to something he loves to do. So, if you have a hard time deciding on just one theme... do a little of everything, and just call it a "Favorites Party."

6 comments:

  1. How fun! Great job, those cupcakes are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes turned out really cute. You are such a talented gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute cake and fun and yummy looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff,
    You asked about pretty paper snowflakes awhile back...Here's my tutorial. :)

    http://www.thisandthatcreative.com/2011/01/legit-paper-snowflakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    I am glad that your cupcakes came out so cute. One thing I have to say, though... when you "borrow" ideas like this, it would be really nice if you link back to the person who you borrowed from.

    I post recipes, decorated cakes, etc. on my blog all of the time, but I always give credit where credit is due. Even if you just used someone else's idea or design for inspiration--it's nice to give them a simple little shout-out. It's sort of a "blogger's etiquette," if you will.

    I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a good way to do flame cupcakes, and I ended up doing them in a way that I had never seen before. I'm really proud of them, so it's hard for me to see them ripped off and posted as if they were your own idea.

    No hard feelings, as I don't think you have done this in a malicious manner, but I did want to point it out, nonetheless.

    Cute blog, and congratulations on your pregnancy! It's such an exciting time. You're probably due around the same time I was due last year. Best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy and delivery. :)

    -Heather
    http://www.heatherdriveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link, Tiff. Like I said, no hard feelings... but I will admit to being a little more sensitive than usual about this project in particular, since it was just SO.TIME.CONSUMING. So I do appreciate you adding my blog as a source. Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails