Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Candy Cane Hearts


I first saw this idea without the chocolate filling, but then I got February's issue of Family Fun magazine with the improvement, and I knew I had to make some. In case you haven't seen them... here's the how-to:

1. Lay candy canes on a sheet of parchment paper in heart shapes. Stagger them so there will be room to add the sticks.


2. Bake candy canes at 235 degrees for 10 minutes. Quickly lay sucker sticks and pinch the candy canes so they mold to the sticks.

3. Melt white chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring each time. Spoon the white chocolate into the center of the hearts. (I used a baby spoon for more precision). Add sprinkles.

4. Let harden, and wrap with a little cellophane bag and ribbon.

~

I'm linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com Today's Creative Blog

Also joining...
I'm Lovin It Fridays @ Tidy Mom, Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge, Friday Fun Finds @ Kojo Designs, Frugalicious Fridays @ Finding Fabulous, Flaunt It Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Link Up @ Simply Designing, It's a Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge Life, Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of My Favorite Things, Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different... Act Normal

1 comment:

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails