Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scrap Saturday - Punch Out a Shape

When I used to paper scrap, one of my favorite techniques was to punch a hole and have something peeking through from the other side.

Today, I'll show you how to punch a shape in Photoshop!

1. Create a new layer by typing Shift + Ctrl + N.

2. With that layer chosen, select the Custom Shape Tool, (make sure the box "fill pixels" is selected at the top - third over from the right) and draw the shape where you want on your layout.

3. Select the layer you want to punch. I created a clipping mask, because I wasn't sure on the papers I wanted to use, but you could punch out one of your papers as well. The teal layer on my layout is my clipping mask, and the black dotted paper is clipped to it.

4. Hit the delete button - and the selected part of your layer will disappear. Now type Ctrl + D to deselect. Find your shape layer (the one your first drew) and delete it.

** Now you can add a shadow to this layer, and it will look just like a paper-punched layout.

Here's my finished layout:

Here are the other layout's I've made this week with the new releases:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails