Friday, August 20, 2010

Oven Fries


Oh my heavens! This is my new favorite recipe. When the kids get home from school, let them help make these delicious fries.

1. Heat the oven to 450. Heat 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 2 tablespoons canola oil together in a small saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the oil with a small mesh strainer or slotted spoon. Set both the garlic and the oil aside.

2. Cut 2 large baking potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks. In a large bowl, toss together the oil, the potatoes, and 1/2 tsp salt. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes on it in a single layer. Bake them until they are golden and crisp, about 35 minutes, flipping them halfway through.

3. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and toss them with 1 tablespoon finely chopped, fresh Italian parsley, the garlic, and salt to taste.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love oven fries. I should try this recipe. It looks really yummy and simple!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails