Every year we get together on the 4th of July with my hubby's family, and since it's one of my favorite holidays, I told them all I want to host the festivities at our house each year. I wanted to make a cute banner to display for the party.
Here's what you need:
- Fat quarters (18 x 22) of your choice in fabric (I had 6 different patterns)
- 3 feet of matching bias tape
2. I didn't want frayed edges, so I sewed two triangles together on the wrong side, then turned them right-side out. They looked kind of small, but after ironing the seams flat they look just right.
3. Sew the bias tape onto one side of your flags. Open your bias tape up and sew your flags on with a straight stitch just to the side of the fold. I didn't pin (I hate pinning) I just added the flags as I was going along. If you're confused or you're a visual learner, check out this fabulous (and funny) video tutorial from Angry Chicken.
4. Fold the bias tape over and sew a zig zag stitch along the edge to secure it.
And there ya go... an adorable banner for any holiday or celebration - just customize the fabric to your occasion!