Monday, May 24, 2010

Flower Hair Clips

I know you've seen these just about everywhere, and they are super easy and inexpensive to make. But in the possibility you haven't tried it before... I'll show you how and hopefully encourage you to try it out!

All you need are the following:
  • hair clips
  • fake flowers
  • ribbon
  • a glue gun
  • something for the center of your flower if your flower is missing one

1. Take your flower apart. Really, don't be afraid of ruining anything. Just rip it off and separate it into petals. As you can see, the flowers I chose don't have a center.


2. Glue ribbon to all sides of your hair clip. I like to do it in three parts to keep things from getting messy. First, I start on the top part of the clip. While pinching the clip open, run a bead of glue along the inside, then the outside of the top part only. Then set the edge of the ribbon on the inside and wrap it around. Next, put glue on the clips handles. I like to have the ribbon follow the edges all the way in by the spring, but it's up to you. Last, pinch the clip open again and glue the ribbon to the bottom part of the clip. The ribbon should be one piece running from the inside and ending on the inside. Hopefully that makes sense. Look at the photo.


3. Now it's time to add the flower. Glue each piece on one by one, turning each one slightly so the petals are spread out.


4. Then add a center piece (button, gem, jewel, etc.) if your flower needs it.

3 comments:

  1. I did these at one of thsoe super saturday things and mine are way less cute than yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, Tiff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so cute! I'll have to make them sometime. I have a couple headbands with flowers on them and I wear them all the time. I just hope I'm not making myself look like a little girl. haha!

    ReplyDelete

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails