Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fabric Easter Eggs

When I saw these eggs on RetroMama's blog I think I gasped out loud. I think they are absolutely ADORABLE! I found some cute matching fabric (fat quarters were on sale at the fabric store), and made some. I thought they would be perfect in little bowls as part of an Easter Dinner centerpiece.

Then just today I was envisioning Harvey at a community Easter egg hunt this year, and I got worried that he might just stand there not knowing what to do while 2 and 3 year-olds shoved him out of the way. I decided that not only would these little eggs be cute as decor, they would be functional as well! I laid them out in a little path on the floor, and taught Harvey to gather them up in his bucket. He loved it! (I can see these eggs being a hit with a wide range of ages as well.. try it at home!)

RetroMama has a fantastic tutorial on her blog along with a printable pattern for you to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails