Monday, January 18, 2010

DIY Canvas Artwork

This is a super easy project. I just purchased 3 wall canvases on sale for 5 bucks each. Lay them out how you want them, then paint the whole thing white. Trace dishware you have at home, right on top. The largest circles are dinner plates, and they go down to salad plates, bowls, and mugs.

After you trace your circles, just use a sponge brush and acrylic paints to fill them in! I planned out where I wanted each color and just wrote in each circle with pencil (lightly). You will probably want to do 2-3 coats. Make sure you paint the wrapped sides of the canvas if any of your circles go off the edges - it looks funny if you leave it white.

I purchased some wall hangers at the home improvement store for about $2.50 in a pack of 3, and nailed them to the backs of the canvases. (Measure the canvas and mark where the center is, then line up your wall hanger. I used a push pin to poke a little hole where each nail should go, that way when I used the hammer I didn't slip and put the nail in the wrong place.)

That's it!

1 comment:

  1. I was just browsing your blog, and I don't remember seeing this before! So cute!!!!! I might want to do something like this.


I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails