Monday, January 18, 2010

63. Create a Blog Book on

I can't even tell you how excited I was to get this in the mail...

Like I said in the preface:
When I was younger, my mom would write (or help me write) in my journal every night. I still have them... But after she stopped doing it with me I pretty much stopped writing. Not that I didn't want to - I would get new journals with great intentions, but then forget to write in them after a month or two.

Then I got talked into setting up a blog. And I think with the pressure of keeping my readers "updated," I kept the longest and most detailed journal I've ever been able to do on my own. Plus - it has pictures and videos; must more entertaining than just some handwritten book. (And this, by the way, is actually my handwriting. I made it into a font.) So... without further ado, this... is my life in 2008.
I just wanted to thank you guys. My loyal readers. Thanks for pressuring me into starting this blog (you know who you are), and thanks for unknowingly pressuring me to keep on writing... and sharing things with you although I might regret it when you mention the posts or pictures to me face to face. :)

If you haven't heard about this company, or if you are contemplating the whole blog-to-book idea - GO FOR IT! It's so fantastic to have all your thoughts and pics in print. Just go to, set up a (free) account there and download their program BookSmart. You can download your whole blog and set up each page just how you want it. You can even use your own font made here. When you're happy with how it looks, you send it to their website and they print it, bind it, and mail it to ya.


  1. I can't wait to see it! Bring it on Wednesday! :)

  2. I really need to make one of these before the baby comes. I've made blurb books for others but I've still never gotten around to doing it. Glad you love yours so much. :)

  3. SO glad you love it!! I got mine in the mail yesterday and will, likewise, be blogging it sometime soon. I also love that you've put the comments in!! I have never done that before. Maybe I should start this year?

  4. @TIff--
    Interesting...Not that I noticed! However, not many of mine are full-bleed pages. I did my scrapbook pages 12x12, so there's a page border around all of them. I'm actually NOT doing that this year, so it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

  5. @Aliese:
    Do the comments. Definately. I have loved reading what everyone wrote in my book.. it was totally worth all the copy/pasting. And I changed the nicknames to their original names, so in 20 years when my children are reading it I can tell them who loved me. :)

    BTW: A couple of my full page spreads were off centered (upward), so there's a white line across the bottom... were any of your pages printed like that?

  6. I just finished and ordered my third blog book!! I can't wait to get it! Do you like the 12x12? That's what I want to do with the girls scrapbooking!

  7. @Kim:
    I ended up doing the smaller size- 8x10 landscape, and I love how it turned out. But doing a printed book of 12x12 layouts would be fabulous. :)

  8. Thanks! I love the fact that you did your own hand writing, I still need to do that, but I don't have the stuff. Also, how did you make yours green? My scrapbooking ones will need your help!

  9. @ Kim:
    I just made a scrapbook page for the front - it was mostly green with my blog header on top, then I made a "scrapbook page" for the back - just green. Choose the full page layout, and delete all the other words. The only thing is that the binding is still white.

  10. FYI - The binding (book spine) color can be changed by changing the cover background color. I use photoshop to figure out the exact color code and then match up the colors that way. Congrats on getting your book done! I'm SIX YEARS behind on my personal blog books since I spend all my free time making them for other people. I also prefer the 8x10 size books because it makes the landscape photos fit so much better.


I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails