Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Murray Recreation Center

Monday was swimming day... so after getting all the girls to clean their rooms, get ready for the day, eat breakfast, pack a sandwich in the bag and gather the trunkful of stuff that apparently you need for a trip to the pool, we headed to local Recreation Center.

We lugged everything - including my whole baby montage - into the center and paid the fees. Our troop trekked into the family changing area, undressed, filled a couple of lockers, and headed into the pool area. All three girls proceeded to dash to the wet goodness and I had a flash forward: they would come out dripping and hungry, wrap up in their tow... TOWELS!!! I FORGOT THE TOWELS! Seriously.

So I call all the girls back - two had only made it about knee deep, but one was in to her neck - and told them the dilemma. They all decide that we could just put coats on and dash back to the car, so we head back to the locker room, find our coats, pack up everything else, wheel the baby caravan back to the front desk... explain my stupidity, and run back to the car. Finally after a trip back to my house to grab the towels and the trip back to the rec center, smiling sheepishly at the front desk, we re-unloaded and settled in for a fabulous time.

Can I tell you how much I LOVE this pool?? They have a lazy river, huge "hot tubs" with bubbles that kids of any age can visit, a large area with a water jungle gym with wheels and levers to change water pressure, and a couple mini slides. Plus.. the best part of all: an adult sized water slide that wasn't over the second you started. The lifeguard even let Rylie ride on her own as long as she had a life jacket on. The girls were in heaven.

Harvey slept for about the first hour and a half, after which I fed him and he then blew out his shorts. I had an extra outfit, but I didn't want him to blow out that one as well, so I just left him in a clean diaper. The pool area was really warm and humid, and he seemed really happy to be snuggled up in a towel. He loved watching the girls from the sidelines... he was laughing and giggling almost the whole time!

Anyway, here are some pics.

I thought the lighting was really cool.

Lauren and Kennedy in the tunnel.


  1. That looks like a ton of fun...we'll have to try it out!

  2. I have a love/hate relationship with rec center pools. They are very cool and kids love them, but after having WORKED at a few and wanting to kill myself due to irresponsible parents, "secret" ways to keep the thing open when someone has an accident (chemical imbalance? seriously?), etc.

  3. Yay! I'm so glad you posted this. We are going to hit it up tomorrow.

  4. I love this pool. We have been going there for a couple of years now.


I've been getting so many spam comments lately, I've decided to disable "anonymous commenting" for a while. Sorry for any difficulty!


Related Posts with Thumbnails